Workforce Incubator builds industry, education, and government coalitions that cultivate world-class talent for 21st Century careers.
Focusing on high-impact, high-demand, high-skill career fields, Workforce Incubator convenes and facilitates the work of leaders to amplify career relevance for displaced workers, career-changers, and students from high school through college. It builds upon a number of models for career-relevant learning that were pioneered by the Gates Foundation, the Irvine Foundation, and others.
Targeted outcomes for industry:
- Develop a highly-skilled workforce to satisfy increasingly sophisticated industry functions and heightened requirements for innovation and productivity.
- Meet the demand for growth in high-value job classifications.
- Realize enhanced community standing through positive corporate citizenship.
For displaced workers:
- Provide opportunities for re-purposing careers and gaining transferable skills for sustained employment.
- Activate the intellectual capital that is trapped on the economy’s sidelines by placing displaced workers into employment.
- Create pathways to support lifelong learning.
- Prepare students for success in the global economy, such that their careers provide the opportunity for personal satisfaction and financial well-being.
- Enable careers by choice, not by chance.
- Assist students in developing their passion for work, lifelong learning, and contributing to society.
- Equip teachers to deliver increasingly career-relevant learning experiences to students, assisted by the commitment of expertise and resources by industry partners.
- Meet required education standards with greater ease through enriched curricula and powerful learning modes afforded by industry partnerships.
- Experience greater fulfillment and recognition in the teaching process.
Workforce Incubator cultivates a world-class talent pool that meets the priority needs of industry, enabling participants to compete successfully in the global economy, through the guidance of professional educators of the highest quality in close collaboration with industry, government, and nonprofit organizations.